Monday, April 2, 2012

Between Books - The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland

The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland provides a visual overview of the Disneyland park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim California.  Alex Wright the author of The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World also writes this guide.  Wright reviews the concepts and tools of Imagineering.  Wright takes readers through Walt Disney’s beloved theme park from Main Street U.S.A to Tommorrowland.  He provides details to his readers about why and how the Imagineers crafted the stories of the original Disney theme park.  The highlight of the text as with the entire series is pictures with visuals ranging from attraction photos to concept art, including art from legendary Imagineers.  Like others in the series, the book is setup like a guide book, being small and compact and something one can throw into a backpack or small bag on a pilgrimage to follow Walt Disney’s footsteps. 
By the time I read this volume I was very familiar with this series of books.  I purchased it to prepare for my first ever trip to the Disneyland Resort.  I felt comfortable with the Magic Kingdom Park, but with kids in tow I wanted to have a feel for the lay of the land instead of jumping in with no general park layout in mind.  I also needed to know what rides and attractions were different and the same so I could prepare myself and my kids.  The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland more than fulfilled these goals.  I felt informed when I crossed onto Main Street U.S.A. for the first time and able to tour comfortably.  Like the other volumes in this series, the pictures are stunning.  And living Between Disney it is easy to thumb throw when you need a visual Disney fix.  The Imagineering Field Guide to Disneyland is another successful offering in this series of field guides.   

For more from the Imagineering Guide series see “Between Books – The Imagineering Field Guide to the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World” and “Between Books – The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.”

No comments:

Post a Comment